SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orlando1_gw

Copper silk granite countertops?

Orlando1
12 years ago

I have a 1934 Tudor/cotswold cottage style home and am about to begin a kitchen renovation/update, with creamy white cabinets and white trim. I had thought about soapstone for the counters. But, although it's busier than I thought I was looking for, I really like a slab of copper silk granite I've found (It seems less brown and more black/gray than some sample pictures I've seen on the internet). Still, I'm having a hard time imagining it, and a search for "copper silk" on GW and on the web hasn't turned up helpful kitchen pictures.

-- If you have copper silk counter tops, I am wondering whether you might be willing to share photos, especially if you have copper silk with white, off-white, or cream cabinets.

We're aiming for a transitional style that respects the historic character of the home, but doesn't try entirely to recreate a 1930s's period-feel or style. In case it helps, I've posted some "before" and granite pictures on photobucket. (See link below.) We won't be knocking down any walls. Essentially, we're moving the sink left, and taking out the right hand cabinets under the sink to in a dishwasher. (To do this, we are taking out lathe and plaster walls so that we have the right depth for a dishwasher.) We're also building cabinets around the stove and putting the microwave up there. All of the cabinets will be white. The ceiling will stay, the lighting will be updated, the flooring will be ripped up and the fir underneath refinished.

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l506/Orlando344/Tudor%20Costwold%20Cottage%20Renovation/?albumview=slideshow

I have been lurking on Garden web for some time and have appreciated all of the advice and support this community provides.

Thank you!

Comments (3)