SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmcdaniel

Same finishes in bathroom and kitchen question...

rmcdaniel
12 years ago

We are building a new home with a production builder and chose our finishes last October in a marathon 8 1/2 hour session. Unfortunately, it ended after dark so we weren't able to go up front and see our choices in daylight (as my friend, who is buying the house 2 doors down did). I have been slowly acquiring samples of our choices since then and brought them to my friends almost completed house to look at in situ this weekend...and I HATE THE TILE CHOICE IN THE MASTER BATHROOM! It looks brown instead of grey in the light that will be there and I loathe it.

Given the limited (well, to me, since I don't like warm neutrals but the cooler colours) choices at the Home Gallery I may have trouble finding a tile I can live with. If that happens I may have to just choose something different, which will mean changing the counter and accent tile.

So, my question is, would it be odd to just do what I did in my kitchen and use the same counter and tile in the master bathroom? I LOVE the choices there (and the cabinets will be the same - true white). In the kitchen we chose black impala granite (which actually has some black and a lot of grey)

And for the backsplash we will have white 3 x 6 subway tile with a accent row of marble & glass mosaic (this tile will also be around the fireplace in the adjoining great room with a white surround and mantel)

(We are doing the larger 4 x 8 subway tile above the jetted tub and in the master shower with an accent row.)

Would it be okay to have the kitchen and master bath look so similar? I can change the knobs (I am doing glass in the kitchen and would like mercury glass in the bathroom) and the floors will be different.

Comments (4)