SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanwrites_gw

2 questions (with pics) under the stairs space & figurines

susanwrites
13 years ago

I'm doing a two in one post as I am in thinking mode before the furniture gets moved back into place.

#1 is this space under the stairs. Before the makeover it had a brick rim and maybe was used for firewood? I don't know. We knocked out the bricks and extended the floor into the space. Later we might put a door on it but right now I like it open. We used to keep the dog toys there but now she has small baskets of toys in other rooms in the house. Has anyone done anything fun with a space like this? (Also, keeping in mind that this will be the dining room.)

Before:

After:

The other thing I am contemplating is finding a home for the 200+ books that will now most likely not go in the dining room. I have a china cabinet in my office that houses all my figurines that have to do with reading or writing. There's a china cabinet in the library that has never quite pleased me. It just doesn't feel right to have the dishes and glassware in there. I was thinking about moving the figurines in here but wonder if it is too cutesy when you consider the new library bookcases and all that? The china cabinet is off on it's own though. If I moved the figurines I could put another bookcase in my office.

Here are the figurines:

Maybe move them into here?

Too cutesy for the library or a good idea?

Comments (17)