SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teeda

Finished White Kitchen Mini Reveal

teeda
9 years ago

This forum was invaluable when we we designing and overseeing the build of our kitchen remodel. I learned so much about what makes a kitchen not only work aesthetically, but functionally as well. I love, love this new kitchen. There is a designated place for everything, which makes keeping it organized so much easier. We finished the kitchen about six months ago. The remodel turned into a bit of a nightmare and took 15 months. I've been so busy getting settled back into the house that I've neglected posting the final results.

This kitchen remodel was part of a fairly major remodel of the living areas of a late 60s brick ranch we purchased two years ago. The original kitchen was tiny, as you can see in the photos. We took down the wall between the kitchen and small family room. We also pushed a couple feet into an oversized foyer, as well as a foot into the existing dining room in order to make more space for the kitchen. The ceiling was already vaulted in the family room, but we extended this into the kitchen during the remodel. If I were to pick my two favorite things about this kitchen it would be the Corian Sea Salt countertops and the Franke Orca sink. I love, love these countertops. These are a maintenance breeze, and I love the way they feel. Many people, including my builder, were skeptical when I said I wanted Corian but were blown away with the results. I also really like having all the drawers for dishes, as well as the small drawers in the glass hutch where I store flatware. Makes unloading the dishwasher so easy! Here are some basic details:

Cabinets: Custom
Cabinet Paint: BM Simply White
Counters: Corian Sea Salt
Island top: Mahogany with dark walnut stain
Sink: Franke Orca
Fridge: Sub zero
Rangetop: Wolf
Wall oven: KitchenAid
Hood: Superior
Floors: Oak, stained with dark walnut/provincial mix

Thanks so much to everyone on the Kitchen Forum who answered my questions and shared ideas. I owe you all!
Before:

After:

Comments (109)