SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kiwilee_gw

last minute details...rethinking granite...panic!

kiwilee
13 years ago

We have been at this remodel in our heads for almost 2 years. And it is actually here and happening.

I ordered my copper rounded farmhouse sink and it arrived. I bought the ORB pullout faucet and love it. The granite people are installing the sink and doing final template for granite on thrus. And now that I have these elements here to look at, I am rethinking granite!! Geez

The sink is in a dark patina, the facuet is bronze, the cabinets will be off white w mocha glaze, the granite I chose is indian copper brown (primarily black)...my second choice is key west which is more muted brown tones w some black. My worry is with the sink being so dark and the faucet dark, I am afraid the sink won't stand out against the granite.

Here are images of the 2 granites:

http://www.granitestock.com/images/granite/key_west.jpg

http://www.americanmarblegranite.com/html/granite__b__12.html

I think the off white caninets will offset it...I just dont' know anymore...what do you think?

Comments (6)

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

hi kiwilee...

If you go with the indian brown, and your sink is pretty dark, then it may blend in with the granite. That's not necessarily a bad thing...it may look really elegant and rich with the dark faucet. I'm trying to envision it in my head too..

Does anyone have some pics to share of similar combinations?

KA:)

• luvmyhouse_2010
    13 years ago

Kiwilee,
    I have the exact configuration....off white cabinets with a mocha glaze. I chose star beach granite which is more like your Key West than the other granite. My sink is a black silgranit and my faucet is an oil rubbed bronze which looks almost black.
    I would choose the key west....the other granite really does not go with the cabinets. You do want things to tie.
    I posted pictures of my sink, faucet, granite and a little bit of my cabs on threads that ask for back splashes for a good cause and the faucet thread.
    I wish I could figure again how I posted those pictures, and I would post you the same here...but alas I am electronically challenged.
    search luvmyhouse_2010 and maybe it will bring up my pics?

• steff_1
    13 years ago

Your first choice sounds great with the copper and should work well.

The sink is meant to stand out against the cabinet color unless you flush mount or overmount it and the flange shows. The faucet will be mostly above counter and show against the backsplash.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Agreed. Stick with your first choice. It sounds like you are aiming for elegant with your other choices, and I think that works best.

• lolauren
    13 years ago

I personally don't like the key west.... I prefer the original choice. with that said, I have a silgranit black sink, cambrian black counter and dark (grohe) ORB faucets..... the sink and counter blend together, which I love....

I imagine your sink would still stand out with the darker/black granite. The other granite has a lot of movement which could make the sink blend in more than you think and/or distract from the sink?

• luvmyhouse_2010
    13 years ago

Wow! I didn't realize that so many people had a cream colored cab with mocha glaze...too cool!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville