SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

Please identify yourself: are you a layout guru?

aliris19
11 years ago

...and if so, how do you come by this proclivity?

How is it that you happen to have the specialized knowledge and skills to visualize working space in 3D? How come you by the time to share this knowledge and skill so generously with strangers? What is your motivation, really?

I'm just so curious! When I first came to this forum I just could not get over or really believe there were people here willing and wanting to offer this sort of input just randomly, for nothing, to anyone and no one in particular all at once. I was told "we just want to see you find the best layout for your space" and I relaxed, I guess, and learned to love the windfall. The generosity of strangers.

But still I wonder: who are you, how are you, how do you swing this, why????

I can see that it is like working a crossword or sudoku puzzle or math problem for some, maybe: just a challenge with limitations, make it work given these fixed constraints. In that sense submission of plans and a layout is really in some sense a gift to those whose minds bend in this direction already - they're waiting for problems in search of a solution.

Does this sound right to you? Because I know not everyone here is "retired". Such a meta-puzzle in and of itself...

Comments (8)