SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

Induction Cookware

msl511
10 years ago

I thought I posted this yesterday, but I can't find it. I apologize if I'm repeating myself.

We're switching from gas to induction and I've checked and I'm going to need a whole bunch of new cookware. Experience and reading fora, magazines, etc have always taught me that things go better with high quality cookware (heats evenly, doesn't warp, etc) and that high quality cookware usually isn't cheap.I'll be giving up some Williams-Sonoma brand and Cuisinart brand pots and pans and some old anodized aluminum (no non-stick surface) Calphalon skillets (sob! I love those!).

I keep reading here that one can get excellent quality induction appropriate cookware at very reasonable prices at Ikea and WalMart and that I don't really have to shell out for All-Clad. (I've got one and it's very nice and I'm quite happy, but the same quality at a better price would be fantastic.)

So my question is: Really, truly? I can really, truly go to WalMart and come home with something every bit as good as All-Clad for a much better price? As my son used to say when he was small - for true?

Comments (50)