SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meg711_gw

Pinch-pleated patterned drapes

meg711
15 years ago

We had our livingroom drapes installed today. They're sheers with an embroidered pattern on them, if that makes sense. One wall has a bay with four separate windows. The adjacent wall has two windows that flank a fireplace. These were custom-made (or made-to-order, LOL), and everything seemed to be going well during the installation until . . . I realized that the pattern on the left panel of the main window doesn't match the pattern on the right panel of the main window.

It's very difficult to explain but here goes: On the right side, the pleats are perfectly spaced and the pattern repeat of the fabric must be the same because, when you look at the drapes, there is a little branch with two leaves on the outside of every pleat. It's very obvious especially because it's so perfect.

On the left side, the pleats are just as even, but because of where they placed the pleats, or where they started the pleats, the same branch with two little leaves ends up on the inside part of the pleat, closer to the window, and there is another kind of design on the outside of the pleat. The overall effect is that it looks as if the drape panels don't match.

I called the store to talk to them about it, and they're going to look at it when they come back on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure they're going to fix it, but I don't know how they'll do that without doing them all over. (There are six separate panels.)

I'm bringing this up here in case anyone out there is doing pinch pleats with a patterned fabric. You might want to bring this up with them--although I wouldn't think I would have needed to since they're the experts and should know how to do this, right? (The same work room is making our master bedroom drapes and I mentioned this issue in today's phone call; I don't want there to be a problem with those drapes, too.) I'll try to post photos but I don't think it will show up that well.

I would just like something I've ordered to come in right. Is that too much to ask?

Comments (17)