SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tabbaldwin

help in choosing front look of the new house

tracey_b
14 years ago

We're building a new house, and one of the things (amongst many!) is choosing how the front elevation will look. I searched and found a picture of an existing house that shares our floor plan and thought it would be a good place to start.

What do you think of it, as is? While we'd like to have more stone (or brick), the overall cost is high enough, so we have to be careful with what we choose.

I like how this house has the stone on the bottom part of the house, but we think we'd like stone accent on the "study" (left side of the porch)--instead of in the porch area--with hardiplank and/or shake (shingle-look?) elsewhere.

Also, what about color? Would a sage green work with the right stone color? I think it looks classy in gray, but we've seen some nice houses in sage and stone which has us leaning that way. Our location is partly wooded, a little more-so than this house's setting.

Oh, and currently we are wanting a mahogany wood double door--probably arched. We don't like these shutters--color or style. Hubby seems to have more of an opinion on this than I do, though.

What about creating a slight arch in the porch, instead of it being straight across the tops of the columns (oh, and square or round columns)?

Brick or stone? Window ideas? Would love to hear some thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.

Many thanks!

Tracey

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)