SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
updating_gw

Slide in range with backsplash just behind?

updating
9 years ago

I tacked this question into the "is laminate too budget" post and never got an answer, but I'm a bit at a loss on what to do.

I just installed laminate. I'm only going to put a full height backsplash behind the stove. I have a 4" lam backsplash on the rest of the counter and paint above that, and I don't want a continuous backsplash, just want to protect the wall behind the range. I wanted a slide in range because I like that there is a lip on the side that won't allow spills to go between counter and range and I like that the lockable controls on the front keep the hot burners just a bit further out of reach of my little ones.

I wanted to do a tempered, wavy, backpainted glass sheet behind the stove, but also was leaning towards a slide in range. I just realized that the glass would be thin next to the formica backsplash... ugh. Then I was thinking of doing granite behind the stove (my island top and kitchen window are granite, but I would have to buy a small slab of granite and how would I mount it?. Or maybe I shouldn't get the slide in range, and I could do the glass as planned.

Any experience with this or any suggestions of alternate backsplash materials? I really didn't want tile because I do not like grout, but I was thinking maybe granite tile (that matches my other granite) with tight seams would be ok.

Comments (10)