SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

New CL score-paint or?

neetsiepie
12 years ago

DH bought this for me tonight off CL. Only $80! He surprised me with it because he knew I had been wanting one and I mentioned I liked this one, so he looked it up, made contact and arranged to purchase it.

It's not fine furniture, so I'm going to paint it. But the question is...what color?

This is the color of the LR it will go in. The FP is going to get a surround and built out to match the mantle, and the woodwork will be painted white. The other wood furniture in the room is dark. I'm going to paint the coffee table in espresso.

This photo is an accurate representation of the wall color, this hutch is going on the wall on the far right.

So I'm torn between painting white with a dark glaze or going with the wall color with a dark glaze. Think of the chalk paint finishes. Or what about the espresso color?

What should I do about the back interior? Paper it? Paint it? Same or different color? It's got 2 glass shelves and is lighted. I plan to put in glass ware, art glass, japanese floats and some Italian Majolica on display.

Comments (7)