SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myboys1gw

Too busy? Opinions wanted

myboys1
10 years ago

I would appreciate everyone's opinions about this backsplash choice. It's ok if it's not your style or if it seems too trendy. Still feel free to give your opinion :)

I am wondering if it is too busy? The cabinets and countertop are plain, so I thought some texture for the backsplash would be good. But in general, I think mosaics can be too busy and I am afraid I will get tired of the look after a short while. These are glass tiles with a small piece of stone mixed in. I know it is hard to see under the plastic.

At the same time, I think something solid might be boring since there is no "movement" to the countertop - it is a solid gray quartz. I don't want the backsplash to stand out, but instead to blend with the kitchen and add some visual interest to a pretty plain design.

If your opinion is "not good", "dont like"or "too busy", do you have a suggestion of something else that might work better? ie. less busy, not boring or dull, works with the color and style of both the cabinets and counters, and that helps to tie the kitchen together? Thanks!

Comments (32)