SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

Serious Goodwill find...amysrq, you there?

mahatmacat1
15 years ago

Today I found (I'll give you the short version) a piece by Zarina Hashmi, an Artists Proof that is the most carefully and high-endedly (is that a word?) framed print (not sure what kind of print--it is impressed in the paper, not merely put onto it--kind of like engraving?) I've ever seen.

It's of, yes, seriously, I think it's either grape or clematis vines in the winter, when they look dead but aren't. You could look at it and just think it's black and white lines, but the detail, if you consider it, really suggests vines, and because of the long version of the story which involves a *BIT* of frustration with my DH, suffice to say that I have reason to connect this with a plant point of reference.

It's signed (just Zarina) and has A/P next to her name...it's beautiful in a quiet minimalist way...

But I'm trying to figure out how to find out anything about what her "project" was when it was made, since it seems from the limited biographical information I can find that she definitely has pursued different lines of inquiry at different times of her life, and this seems probably no later than about 1980...I want to keep it, for sure, but I'm still curious, as anyone would be.

I'll try to photo it--it may not mean much in photo, as mcuh of the experience is in the delicate detail of the lines. But let's just say this is better than that giclee I found in the summer :)

Comments (10)