SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Did I do good with this Ebay ironstone pitcher?

14 years ago

I love white ironstone, especially pitchers and cake stands, and have collected a few pieces here and there over the last several years. Not too much, because I haven't had anywhere to display it and also, there doesn't seem to be much of a selection in my local antique stores or CL. (I searched all over our antique malls the other day and couldn't find a single white cake stand that I wanted to give as a birthday gift for a friend.)

So, while I'd like to experience the fun of finding pieces locally, that's probably not going to happen. Now that I have a few hutches that need filling, I'd like to amp up my search and have decided to try ebay.

Since the pieces that I do see in local antique stores seem to be very overpriced, I'm really not sure if I got a good deal on my first ebay ironstone purchase, but I like it! It was offered for $36, and I put in a best offer of $28, which was accepted right as the auction ended. What do you think?

This one is definitely affordable, but I'd like to shop for a few cake stands and larger pitchers and I know those can get pricey. I also know sometimes prices on ebay get driven up by competitive bidding (which I've gotten caught up in), so does anyone know the typical going rate for these types of pieces?

Here is a link that might be useful: Ironstone Pitcher

Comments (4)