SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theredhouse_gw

Kitchen Makeover - Finished!

TheRedHouse
11 years ago

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share some photos of my recent low(ish) budget kitchen makeover. This is a production house with a kitchen that reflects that. It had chipped and gross tile counters, a sink I hated, a faucet that soaked me every time I used it, a dishwasher that sounded like galloping horses and cabinets that were looking a little worse for wear. We didn't have a ton to spend because we also needed to tile some carpeted (ewww) bathroom floors and tile a shower at the same time.

Here are the details:

Cabinet paint: PPG BReakthough! tinted to match BM snowfall white

Faucet: Pfister Hanover High-arc in tuscan bronze, Amazon

Sink: Kohler Cape Dory in white, Home Depot

Cabinet/Drawer pulls: Richelieu Hardware, Home Depot online

Counters: Reclaimed Douglas Fir from Endurawood

Backsplash Tile: Daltile, 2x4 subway, white

Big Breakfast Foods Magnet: $.50 at Restore ;)

We installed the dishwasher (bar handle in the corner- D'Oh! it rubs on the drawer next to it) , the sink, faucet and the garbage disposal ourselves and saved some more $ taking out the old counters ourselves too. We didn't paint the cabinets ourselves and that was the most expensive item. We aren't quite ready to replace the range so we got black drip pans for it and for about $25, it made a big difference in how it looks.

Here's the before. Sadly, the vintage fridge has an problem we haven't figured out how to fix, so it lives in the garage for now. I apologize for the photo quality, I've misplaced my real camera.

Comments (19)