SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twogirlsbigtrouble

Dining room questions...

twogirlsbigtrouble
15 years ago

Here's my dining room...

As you can see, the way the little jog runs is a little off center from the kitchen wall. The dining room and family room area are completely open to eachother and have a cathedral ceiling running all the way across, peak indicated by the dotted line. Should I even that jog up with the kitchen wall? That would make my family room 14 X 14. Is that big enough? Will it not matter because its all open? We have a 19 X 16 Great room as well.

IF I DO even it up, what do you think of this idea...

I put a tall cabinet flanking each side of the dining room window. Maybe like 24" wide and 15" deep. Something like the sides of jaymielo's secretary piece with no counter...

Then I could either leave it like that or add a built in bench between the two tall cabinets under the window. That would then be a part of my dining room table seating. How deep does a bench need to be?

One more question. See my sliding door? Do I leave it like that so I have plenty of room to get in and out without interfering with the dining room table or should I really have it evened up on that wall?

Comments (9)