SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshineandpinot

What size tablecloth (70" round) and other dining room questions

Lauren0319
7 years ago

Hosting our first dinner party in our newly renovated space! It's not totally done but we're getting close and would really like to have our friends over. Our table is round and expands to 70". I really hope I didn't screw up by inviting 4 couples which will make 10 adults..... seated at a round 70" table. Our chairs are narrow and none of us are exceptionally large and we're all good friends, or will be by the time dinner is over! ;) It's too cramped with placemats so I'm planning on using a tablecloth and chargers. The chargers are mirrored and will look really nice with my china.

What size tablecloth for a 70" round table? I don't want it to hang too low. I'm eyeing this one from Amazon. Party is Saturday so I need to be able to get it quickly. I'd also like to have a "nice" one as we do entertain often. Not sure how nice this is. Will give 10" overhang. Too little?

Amazon 90" tablecloth

Also, any really simple centerpiece ideas? Something low so we can visit.

Here is a view of the table when NOT expanded. It has built-in leaves that expand to 70".

China cabinet. It's a work in progress. I have 12 place settings of china. I would like to pick up some more platters to display on the right hand side. But also, it looks really sterile to me. How could I style it in a more interesting manner?

Close-up of glass shelves.

Thanks for any and all suggestions! I'm planning on picking up some fresh flowers to place in front of the mirror. Maybe a candle to bring in some warmth? Something....

Comments (16)