SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Sleeping Options for Out of Town Guests (aerobed, sofabed or ?)

Valerie Noronha
16 years ago

This topic came up today on a related thread I had posted regarding sofa beds. Many said they found sofabeds to be uncomfortable and much prefer the aerobed. I've slept on my share on uncomfortable sofa beds--though I used to have one that was comfortable; hence I had been considering a good quality sofa bed for out-of-town guests. Since some of the sofas I'm considering may not be a sofa bed, I'm now looking into other options.

I looked at the aerobeds--but was wondering how is this different than the camping air mattresses? Are these just higher quality? Do they have some of the same issues as an air mattress with the air leaking out over the course of the night?

The other thing is that my DH's brother and family will be visiting for 12 days over Christmas. If I were to do an aerobed, it would seem that I would need a room to set it up and leave it that way. Is that how they are used or is it quick enough to inflate/deflate on a daily basis? My kids each have their own bedroom and will be OK with doubling up to make space--but still the rooms are pretty small--and leaving a bed inflated would take all of the open floor space.

When they come we will have 5 kids total in the house. Now I can just imagine how the kids are going to use the aerobed if we leave it inflated all day....

Comments (25)