SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethpen

20 years of dirt! Help Please!

Bethpen
15 years ago

Good morning Garden Webbers. I've been reading and learning for a few months now as DH and I start remodelling our kitchen. It is small potatoes, really, but I'm already half crazed.

Kitchen was built in 1989, by us, poor and young. A local KD did our layout and cabinets at cost, so we ended up with WoodMode cabinets and a decent layout. (we were bartenders, she wanted us to spread the word) Fast forward close to 20 years and we are finally replacing our laminate counters with granite. (New Venetian Gold)

I've been going NUTS trying to find just the right drawer pulls and found some I like at Restoration Hardware this week. The problem is, the old ones had backplates that have dug into the cabinets and left impressions. On the most-used cabinets there is also a ring of what I can only guess is greasy, icky, filth.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I could get the same drawer pulls in a new finish, but I'm sort of shooting for a sleeker look.

Here are some photos....

{{!gwi}}

This is the one I like

{{!gwi}}

Thank you so much for any advice. I'm looking forward to spending some time posting and learning some more!

Beth

Cape Cod, MA

Comment (1)