SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Bedding is here! Don't like this coverlet w/ it.

User
13 years ago

I'm very excited to show you this! As usual Nanny2a did a wonderful job making these for me!

Important info:

I should've ironed the bedskirt before it went on but I was too excited. I'll do it later. I'm in the process of trying to find a coverlet. I bought the brown one to try. Blech! I don't like it at all. We will be painting, those drapes will go, install a thicker rod up to the ceiling and I'm considering using canvas drop cloth for drapes, will add bamboo romans. Lamp on the nightstand will be replaced and DH needs a nightstand. The folded ivory blanket at the bottom is a comforter I had rolled inside out to see what one would look like. I like how it looks at the bottom. Obviously I buy something else for that.

{{gwi:1811599}}

The houndstooth that was used isn't the same that's on the bed. I didn't think the sample looked the same but didn't question it. It does look more solid and changes the look a little. I'll admit I like the one in the inspiration photo better.

{{gwi:1878525}}

{{gwi:1878526}}

{{gwi:1878527}}

{{gwi:1878528}}

{{gwi:1878529}}

Without the white folded blanket at the bottom

{{gwi:1878530}}

They didn't have the dark brown so I could only get the "clay brown" that you see above. I also don't like that it has a shiny look to it. I think I need something darker/richer to balance the dark euro pillows. I'm thinking the dark green RL Chaps coverlet could work better. What do you think?

{{gwi:1835620}}

{{gwi:1835619}}

Comments (146)

• 4boys2
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Tuesday,
    They look to be the mirrors off an old sideboard...
    I love the look Shee..

• katrina_ellen
    13 years ago

I am learning a lot from this post as usual. It's fun to follow along with what you are trying out until you get the look you want. I like either the rich red or the dark brown. I think you could make either one work. The red looks so welcoming, and the brown has a real classic look. Its really coming together and I like the idea of taking an inspiration picture as the basis of the look you want.

• Related Discussions

still catching up w/pix - hope you don't mind!

Q

Comments (12)
    Ellie, DD was one of my very first DLs and I still really like it. Joie de Vivre is supposed to poly sometimes, but hasn't yet for me in two seasons. Today I finally had a better bloom on Crystal Rapids: Flameburst had its FFO for this season (bad pic - it was in an awkward spot to get to) Greek Goddess - I'm a sucker for this kind of form. Thinking of You. I like the ruffles, but am not bowled over by the overall effect. Sunset Lagoon - not something I'd have chosen, but was a bonus from John Shooter. I'm liking it very much - good substance, commanding color. By the way, as you can see, we finally had rain! Happy Dance! Elizabeth
    ...See More

Dish sets that don't come W/stupid little cups?

Q

Comments (29)
    I ordered Hotel Collection from Macy's earlier this month. The dishes came in two separate boxes, one of which was not full and the shipping box was not adequately packed. Result: one broken dinner plate and two broken salad plates. They were very agreeable and sent replacements... another four place sets! I called and they said they can't send individual pieces and I could just keep the extras. The down side for me is I'm still holding on to the crushed box and broken plates in case their shipper wants to examine them. I'll give it another 2 weeks then I'll call again before throwing them away. Oh, the other down side is the dinner plates are humongous and don't fit in my kitchen cabinets. They're stored in my china cabinet. The salad plates are the size of dinner plates, so I use them plus appetizer plates as salad plates. As soon as Macy's has another sale, I'm ordering more appetizer plates. Perfect for dessert plates, salad plates, bread and butter plates...and appetizer plates.
    ...See More

Kitchens That Don't Look Like a Kitchen

Q

Comments (28)
    Muskokascp, Where have you been hiding the gorgeous kitchen! Did I miss your reveal? If so, can you include a link when you post the nighttime pics? I have some Hunter Douglas Silhouette's in the adjoining dinette. I would seriously consider moving them to our new kitchen windows and getting something a little more dressy for the dinette. We'll see. Rococogurl. Now don't laugh but in a pinch, I could put a pair of sunglass if need be if the sun got too much. Not sure what kind of shades you were referring to, I would anticipate them being very difficult to adjust because of the long walk around to the area. Sunglasses seem fun, crazy, but workable. Hello to Lavender Lass! I wish they were popular because it wouldn't have taken me 3 years of searching to find one to visit. I find on rare occasions one small window above the sink. Forget the one I'm looking for. I'm not sure why you consider it more modern. The first 2 pics I posted were traditional. The small appliance wall and base cabinets would determine the style of the overall kitchen. I was going to go modern, but now I'm softening the look. Who knows by the time I actually get this kitchen started. If there is one thing I don't think would EVER, EVER go out of style and that is windows. Since windows open the outdoors into your home, nature would have to go out of style and that isn't going to happen.
    ...See More

If you grow annuals/bedding plants, don't give up hope!

Q

Comments (19)
    I got my spring order from High Country Gardens about five weeks ago because we’re in zone 8. Everything is coming up except the rain lilies which I have now been told to expect to see in late summer. I planted two fireworks goldenrod, six red devil verbena, five or six mixed color canna lillies, a couple of butterfly weeds, a few yellow flowering Texas yucca, and two ghost honeysuckle vines. It will be a couple of seasons before they really look great. On our last visit to the garden Depts of our big box stores I bought a few things to spruce up the front and recently posted some pics on the projects thread. When I watered them this morning I took a picture....they have really grown! The stock and giant pansies are doing really well but the candytuft is just not happy ☹️
    ...See More
  • Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

Hmmm...I've been missing the queen of PS! Enjoying the transformation!

• Valerie Noronha
    13 years ago

kmcg: Me too! The PS look great.

Shee: Would you consider a green for your walls? Not like Christmas, but more subtle. Don't you have some sample boards from when you painted your bathroom? Your room already has enough shades of tan in it.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Val - Are you thinking light green? The ones I have are mostly darker.
    Laura Ashley Olive 4
    BM Olive Branch
    BM Providence Olive
    BM Hanhock Gray
    BM Old Salem Gray (both these grays look green)
    BM Camouflage (which looked pastel in my house but I haven't tried it in the bedroom).

Any suggestions? SW Whole Wheat looks like it has a green undertone but of course it's not a green color.

• Jbrig
    13 years ago

I'm enjoying your journey, also, shee. My personal preference would be for the red coverlet. You're off to a great start.

I really like val's idea of a green for the walls to avoid what might be too much tans/browns. I am planning on using my own custom version of BM Rosemary Sprig in my kitchen remodel, as the orig strength version was too dark for my needs/taste. It seems to be a warmer green w/out turning too yellow-y or brownish. I mixed some white in w/ my sample of Rose. Sprig to make my "custom" color--the 3:1 (green:white) ended up being my favorite proportion. I did try just going up one shade on the color strip but it was too light and kinda "glowed" at me :-o

Oh, and I plan on using SW Whole Wheat in my future sunroom, and I agree, it does have a green undertone.

Can't wait to see your finished room--it's gonna look fantastic!

• Valerie Noronha
    13 years ago

My MBR walls are RH Sycamore Green. Imagine you can get it colormatched if you like it. In certain lights it can look muddy--as with most greens you need to test it out first. Here is a closeup with that red comforter I was considering for awhile which is a tad similar to your bedding colorwise.

That is the only one I have experience with, but I'm sure if you like the idea and put it out to the paint experts, you'll get plenty of suggestions. Doesn't newhomebuilder have some lovely greens in her home? Try PS'ing some greens first to see how you like it. It should be saturated enough to contrast nicely with the dropcloth curtains (love them) and your carpet (which I recall was a challenge when painting your LR).

• loribee
    13 years ago

Don't change a thing! STUNNING!!

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

Shee - your room is looking great. I think once you get the walls painted, it will go toward "warming up the room". I usually start with the paint, but have been where you are, working with/around something else that inspired me.

Any event, I couldn't read all of the responses before posting, pretty much stopped 3/4 of the way down. So if this is a duplicate, or has already been discussed/addressed, please forgive. I am wondering why you don't have a nice fluffy down comforter in a duvet on your bed?

DH and I have the end to end box stich fluffy down comforter in a patterned duvet cover on our king. Most all of my favorite beds featured in inspiration pics in magazines, etc., include the puffy down comforter (at least in fall/winter/spring). Point is, they last forever, provide the warmth I think you are looking for, and most importantly, gives your bed a very inviting comfy look. Just think that the down comforter softens the look of any bed very well. Also, the duvet cover can be changed out with your mood and you can accessorize around it when/if you want/need to make a change. So, we have our sheets, a light velux blanket, the patterned duvet covered down comforter, coverlet on top of duvet cover folded down, and scarf at the bottom of the bed during the warmer months when I switch out to a 3 season lighter comforter. Last, but not least, many, many pillows. Euro shams, king shams, bed pillows and decorative pillows!

For me, the more pillows the better. It drives DH nuts, but it makes me smile when I see a bed decorated with lots of pillows. If nanny2a worked that magic with your pillows, she did a wonderful job!

I have to agree that I would like the plaid bedskirt, but I realize you already have much time and money in what you've already purchased.

I take our down comforter off in the summer, and I hate losing it because I am back to looking at a much "harder" version of my bedding. In other words, my coverlet outlines my mattress more IYKWIM? That is what I am seeing in your bed at the moment. The lines of the mattress.

If you are trying to get the look of your inspiration pic. The key is layering and I think the puffy layer helped me beef up things on our bed.

I love the plaid, not loving the solid red cover, but that's just me, and feng shui I practice in my own home. I love red, just not in my bedroom. I actually have a burgandy & browns, etc. at the moment. The burgandy is a bit less jarring to my eye as opposed to tomato red which your coverlet is reading on my monitor.

Another consideration would be to purchase a set of reasonably priced set of printed sheets, plaid or stripe, even a bold solid color, etc. - something other than white or cream? You would gain another layer of interest, a punch or unexpected burst of color when you turn the bed cover back and the sheets peek out. It is another place to inject personality/color. You're doing a great job!

I wish I was had your talent/motivation for decorating at your age. We had a DD little less than a year after we moved into our home, so that was a major distraction! If you could have seen our BR in the first few yrs of living in our home, you would have cringed. It was not at all finished or magazine worthy, as is yours. Didn't even have curtains for quite some time. I was similarly challenged in the decision making progress, and didn't have much extra money and time to spend on working on our BR. Think about washable components if you are planning any additions to your family in the future. Great work in progress.

Can't wait to see the finished room. I think you have more talent for this than you give yourself credit. I know that bumblebeez' comment stung, but I think the comment was made to be helpful and encouraging you to try more things and inspire your confidence in your own talents, which are many! I can remember your first posts way back when you were trying to decide on LR window treatments! You have come very far.

Figured you really needed another thought/suggestion as if you haven't already been round the block ten zillion times with your bedding. LOL

• Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

I agree with loribee on that pic! That is my favorite too!

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jbrig - Thanks for the color suggestion! I know what you mean about the lighter ones kind of glowing. :)

Val - I’m sure it’s the monitor but your wall color is showing up kind of minty on my screen. Ha, just like my red is showing up all garish. I’m going to take a fan deck home and check some more colors out. Going to do some searches for Newhomebuilder’s house too.

Work - Thank you for the kind words. I do like the look of duvet covers but I really think I will find them to be a total pain. I get what you’re saying about the mattress lines. I “really” felt it looked that way when I had the Chaps coverlets on. I’m still considering maybe something fluffier at the bottom. You’ll have to trust me that the red isn’t photographing right. I wouldn't like it if it was that bright and tomato looking. The color actually appears deeper like in the photoshops. Also the houndstooth plaid doesn’t look so solid IRL. I like the white checked RL sheets I saw at Kohl’s. I think they went with the green coverlet. I was thinking it would be too busy though. Your bed sounds really pretty.

Oh my, those LR curtains. Here’s a shot from my journey into decorating. I knew stuff didn’t look right but you guys helped me figure learn some reasons why and you were very nice and gentle in doing so, lol! Thanks to all of you!
    The panels are actually the same green as the valance but they’re light weight, shiny things. Looking at the beginning pics helps remind me I have made some progress!
    {{gwi:1691490}}

Here’s a photoshop of mossy green walls with “tea stained” drop cloth curtains. I love Christmas but I’m little concerned about it feeling that way all year round.
    {{gwi:1878590}}
    Here was the other contender. -or with the paisley folded at the bottom.
    {{gwi:1859530}}
    I think the 2nd one has a richer warmer feel but I’m not sure how the heck I’m going to duplicate those curtains. I’m not convinced I’m going to find an alternative similar to the RH ones.

I’m happy to report the red coverlet is very comfortable to sleep under. We still use the vellux underneath and it feels just right. The cats still love it.

• jerseygirl_1
    13 years ago

I have to agree with Work In Progress. That is the point I was trying to bring out. She just spelled it out better than I did. The only difference is I like the amount of pillows you now have.

Down conforter provides the softness and definitely the warmth and the printed top sheet folded down provides interest. My 2 cats sleep with me nightly and hang out on my bed when I am in the room. My down gets washed in my home washer as many times as it requires. It has endored it's share of hairballs. The trick is to get a really good one.

• sandra_zone6
    13 years ago

I like your last pic; stunning room if you can re-create it. Check out JC Penney for curtains, during their sales or with coupons you can get some nice curtains at decent prices.

Whatever you place at the bottom of your bed, I'd make sure it is easily washable and if cheap, buy a second. I find my cats two tend to hang out on whatever I have laid across the bottom of my bed and my son's as well.

I have red and browns in my bedroom as well; I love the richness, the warmth, the feeling of the color scheme. Reds and browns work so well together and you are really pulling this off nicely.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sandra - Thanks! My cats usually hang at the end of the bed too so that's a good idea.

Getting ahead again, Look at these. I could do without the faux leather trim. Wish it was just brown fabric. I will admit I’m not really a fan of grommet top style but I like these. They’re herringbone pattern and I can get them in 95” length. They might be too heavy of a fabric and not have that organic feel..
    {{gwi:1878592}}
    JCP has these. They’re linen.
    {{gwi:1878594}}
    Boscov’s has brown burlap ones for $6.99 a panel! I don’t know that my cats would do well with burlap but at that price I’d be willing to try it..HOWEVER, they’re only 84” length (I really want to raise the rod).

Here is a link that might be useful: 1st curtains

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

Shee I agree with Loribee- do that one- it's you.
    And now, with my head spinning, I have to go lie down. What made me think I could read this whole thread this morning...:)

• sandra_zone6
    13 years ago

Are you looking for lined or unlined, pinch pleats or tabs?

Last year I pulled out the egads old blinds and valences in our family room and put up Penney's Curtains after looking for a while. I was looking for thermal draperies and nothing overly fancy but not too casual either. I bought the Penney's because the fabric on the ones I ended up with was comparable to some much more expensive panels I checked out from Macy's and Pottey Barn. I settled on Supreme Pinch Pleated Thermal Panels in Chestnut; my moniter doesn't come close to the color of the actual fabric, you'd have to check them in store to see if the color was a fit for your room, but I thought of them when I saw your room. They have these with or without the lining (I didn't like the sun shining through the panels without the lining in my family room) and also in pinch pleats, tab and back tab.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ha, Coop!

Sandra - I don't think I care if they're lined or not. I'm going to close them daily (night) so as long as you can't see through them. They also need to be able to open and close easily on the rod. That looks like it could be a good potential candidate. Thanks for the suggestion! If I remember right from seeing them in the store, they’re not dark chocolate and look like they have some texture?

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It looks like the JCP Supreme are dry clean only. I need something I can throw in the wash. Nothing like limiting the choices! :(

• Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

Check out PB Cameron cotton drape in espresso, 96" length for $39!

Here is a link that might be useful: PB

• User
    13 years ago

OH shee, I havent been following this since I voted for red and you were bent on the olive green but I see you have the red and I just LOVE it. the photo you posted on Nov 7 at 17:25 is perfect!

• whitdobe
    13 years ago

I think your room is shaping up beautifully! OK, you're going to have blinds and don't care if your panels are lined right? I don't have a great photo of my panels but take a look at this:

Those are 95" long. They're from JC Penney, Cindy Crawford ones and were really cheap. (I have room darkening blinds on each window so I went with unlined panels.

It seems they're a bit higher in price than when I got mine but they are on sale. One 50" wide x 95" long panel is only $21.99. They hang three different ways too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cindy Crawford panels

• Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

That's the ticket whitdobe! It fits all the requirements!

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kmcg & Whitedobe - Thanks guys! I like them both.

Whitedobe - So does the light filter through a little? Actually, for me, I don't know that you'll really be able to see right because I plan to have them just framing the windows. The light probably won't hit too much behind them.

Psst, Whitedobe, what color are your walls? They look pretty similar to the mock ups on my monitor.

I want to grab a few starter paint samples on Friday.

• whitdobe
    13 years ago

Yes, the light does filter through a bit and since I like a dark room to sleep, if we didn't have the room darkening blinds then those panels wouldn't work for me. As it is, they work very well. Oh and they're machine washable.

The walls are SW Dromedary Camel. I love it! I just did our bedroom, sitting room and master bath that color during the summer.

Here's another photo that shows a bit more of the panels. I've got two panels stacked on each side of the windows.

• sandra_zone6
    13 years ago

The Cindy Crawford panels are very pretty. I had them in my house when I was searching but they were not wide enough for my windows and I wanted lined. Love that wall color, many of the same colors you have in your room, now you need to go pick up a swatch of that. :)

• Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

Glad you asked about the paint, because I thought the same thing. Pretty room whitdobe!

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Whitdobe - I just noticed your carpet color is very close to mine too! And yes, very nice room!

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Check it, GK5040 also used painted Dromedary Camel. She has the light carpet and red bedding.
    {{gwi:1871150}}

• whitdobe
    13 years ago

Thanks so much, I'm happy with how the room turned out!

Wow, I think that GK5040's room looks fabulous! Funny, I was trying to picture in my mind what that paint would look like with your red bedding.

• Valerie Noronha
    13 years ago

I like the Dromadary Camel. Can't wait to see a sample on 's room is lovely. I wish I had so much space.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Can't believe I'm asking this, but does anyone think I should get a third plaid euro pillow for the back? Does it look skimpy?

• Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

I think it's fine. I have a king with three euros which fits perfectly across the back. Your bed is a queen right? Three might make it look too smushed.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is a queen. I made the bed this morning and added our three pillows plus all the decorative ones. I think it looks ok. I think I like it better with the red pillow that matches the coverlet in front of the houndstooth ones.

I was looking at mycolorcharts.org last night and BM Shelburne Buff is showing up as a 92.8% excellant match for Dromedary Camel. Do you think the color is that different? I have Shelburne Buff in my LR.

Here is a link that might be useful: colorcharts

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    13 years ago

I think it's fine too as long as there is not a gap between the two.

• busybee3
    13 years ago

hi! this is a very long post, so i haven't read through all the suggestions, so sorry if this has already been discussed...

i think what i would be concerned about is loving the plaid euros and red spread NOW, but come april/may being tired of the scheme and wanting a breath of spring fresh air. i think it looks very wintery-especially the euro pillows.

if it were my room, i would probably try to figure out how i could work with the colors so i could change out the euro pillows seasonally...i would find lighter(floral?) euro shams now which worked with the skirt/other elements and then figure out the whole color scheme thinking about what you'd like your room to look like come april...unless your plan is to change out all the bedding(something i never do!)

• Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

Just a little playing around. There are two gold colors. One is BM Shakespeare Tan 228 and Pittsburgh Paints/Olympic Golden Ecru.
    {{gwi:1878595}}

• sandra_zone6
    13 years ago

Not color related, but if you wanted to try any of the Penney's draperies, they have a coupon code good through the 13th if you use a Penney's card. FARE30 will get you an additional 30% off plus free shipping to the store at least not sure about shipping to your home.

• Valerie Noronha
    13 years ago

Love, love, love kmcg's mockup!

Busybee brings up some good points about seasonal bedding, one that I have been keeping at the back of my mind for my room and big part of why I opted against the RL red comforter. I'm having summer at the back of my mind for all of my choices, though in my case, I already have bedding I like for summer--I just felt the winter layers needed changing.

That said, the wall color you are thinking of is really a neutral and would work with most fabrics so I don't think you need to go shopping for spring euro's now, just keep it at the back of your mind, you may wish to do so.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sandra - Oh, thank you! I might do that.

Busybee & Val - I haven't thought about changing out for the seasons for the bedding. I don't think that will bother me actually. I do change up some accessories in the house and I swap the rugs out of the bathroom but that's about it. You're right though, the wall color will be a good neutral backdrop.

Kmcg - Love the collage. I like the deeper paint color better. I would love to put a chandelier in the room but DH likes/needs the fan. I like the faint noise it gives off but if he didn't care, it would probably be gone.

I see you found another shot of the correct houndstooth from the inspiration pic. Any idea of what it's called? I wish I would've followed my gut and called NH about that. I want that girl to know it's not the same fabric but I can't bring myself to call her. Deep down, I don't want to know if the have the right one. Anyhow..

I want a burlap lampshade now. How tall is a bedside lamp to be? Reach the top of the headboard posts?

I don't think that light of bamboo shade will look right though with my dark cherry furniture. I'm concerned about how a medium brown will look for some reason even though I have mixed furniture other places in the house.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh drats, I just realized I need a Penny's card to get the discount.

• tinam61
    13 years ago

KMCG - that collage is great! I love that chandy too, but I am like Shee's hubby and can't give up my fan.

I like a tan/gold shade of paint better than a green. I don't think the room will look too wintery as most of your house is done in those colors. I am another who does not do alot of changing out for the seasons. Honestly, I just don't see it done around here.

Another thing I thought of Shee - is that floral fabric in your inspiration pic on the duvet - can you get that fabric? I know you said you didn't want to spend the $$$ for floral draperies, but if you wanted to use the floral or bring in the paisley (was there a paisley fabric? I am getting confused LOL), do you remember that blog I sent you to - Holly Mathis? Did you see the big pillow she had at the foot of the bed? I have seen those on a few blogs. It would give you a bit of poofy, something at the bottom of the bed, but something very easy to toss off at night. Just a thought. I am actually going to make one like Holly's myself but not use it at the foot of the bed. I'm making mine out of the Bosporous - the light shades (aqua, tan, etc.) I'm going to have some time off after Thanksgiving that I will be devoting to some house projects, etc. I'm hosting Thanksgiving, but not Christmas, so it will be the perfect time! I plan to use a body pillow and make the covering to fit it. I emailed Holly about hers and she told me how it was put together.

tina

• Oakley
    13 years ago

I love the last photo of the camel colored walls, and the bedding! Having a floral cover doesn't make it as stark. Or even having a floral quilt folded down at the bottom would add a bit more "oomph" to the bed.

What if you placed your pillows a bit flatter, like in the above picture?

I'd just copy the whole room, it's gorgeous!

My vote is for a camel paint in the room. If you ever change your color scheme, it goes with everything, unlike green paint would.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Real quick...

Tina - That floral fabric is on the reverse side of the duvet. The small pillow on my bed is made out of that same fabric. Nanny2a is sending me another pillow sham with the main pattern centered. I've looked at Holly's blog before but never saw the pillow thing. Thanks! I'll check later tonight.

Oakley - I've been trying different things with the pillows and the houndstooth look better slightly overlapped and more flat.

Got one of those cards in the mail that SW has 40% off paint tomorrow and the weekend. I'm not sure if i should bother to get a sample of the dromedary camel or not since it's to be a close match to the BM Shelburne Buff. Hmm.. Going to pick up the Woodsey Brown color for my bathroom cabinets and get that rolling. Woo.

• tinam61
    13 years ago

Shee - look for the post on her master bedroom redo.

Okay - gotcha on the floral and I went back and looked at your inspiration pic. The green has the paisley in it?

I agree with the darker blinds.

tina

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Tina - Do you mean the front part of the duvet? Actually that's the small houndstooth that I'm using paired with the floral for my shower curtain.

• Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

One more color to consider: BM Deer Path
    Pretty gold. Someone here had it in thier foyer. Very pretty!

Here is a link that might be useful: Deer Path

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    13 years ago

Before this thread maxs out, I thought you might want to see my red bedding. It's a king bed.

Your room is coming along great!

• sunfeather
    13 years ago

Just wondering how it is going....

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bumble - Thanks for posting photos of your room. It's very pretty! I love the red and white bedding and those plates.

Hey Rrs! I had a bunch of different bedroom threads over the last few weeks so I'll recap on everything...

I kept the last red coverlet.

Haven't found a mirror or any art.

I moved my nightstand to DH's side and have a round table on mine. Santa is bringing me a burlap tablecloth so I'm excited about that. I still need to get a glass top. Since I lost my storage, I bought a neat basket for under the bed but getting organized seems to be a bit challenging for me. I'll be tackling that head on during the new year.

I'm going to paint the room SW Dromedary Camel probably in a few months.

No change with curtains. I'm leaning towards something brown and machine washable but I should probably paint first.

I now have a larger floral pillow to replace the one that's on the bed but I'd like to get a fluffier insert. Feather maybe? The smaller pillow that was on the bed in the photos above now sits on the web chair in the corner of the room.
    {{gwi:1869896}}

I was considering moving the chair out and getting a bench for in front of the window but I'm thinking it will take up too much space. I need to do a mock up with something.

I'm not sure if I talked about the bathroom in this thread but, just to recap in one spot, I'm still planning on using the floral fabric for the window valance. The shower curtain is on hold until more of the original fabric comes in. So the floral fabric will be on the valance part and the body will be a smaller houndstooth. I decided not to use that calico corner plaid or the one from house fabrics. Both I think would compete too much with the floral and be too busy for me. Didn't paint the bathroom vanity or walls yet.

See the original houndstooth plaid pillows with buttons from the inspiration pic? I accidently stumbled across 3/4 yard of that on fabricguru the other day and ordered it. I still much prefer that fabric and, without going into great detail about my poor experience(s) with NH again, I'll probably have mixed emotions when it shows up but one of two things will happen... 1. I'll be able to add a piece of that wonderful fabric to the bed in a pillow or throw or 2. I'll see red and won't be able to stand looking at it on a daily basis. I'm aiming for #1. But please, please don't somebody go and find a bunch of yardage of the large houndstooth now trying to be nice. I don't want to see it because the pillows (all but the solid red) I have stay. I have too much money invested in this. Heck, it may not work at all but we'll see. The fabric should be here in a few days and I'm pretty excited about it.
    {{gwi:1878599}}

Ha, did you want to know that much? :) Thanks for asking!

• tinam61
    13 years ago

Shee, I use feather inserts in just about all my decorative pillows. PB has a good size selection, but you may find them cheaper elsewhere.

tina