SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christymck

Painting Kitchen is Epic

ChristyMcK
9 years ago

This is a MUCH bigger job than anticipated. 30 of 40 cabinets are done. We sanded, wood filled, sanded, primed, sanded, painted, sanded, painted, sanded and painted before this weekend.

This weekend we cleaned, sanded, primed, 2 coats BM Advance on interior boxes in navy and primed plus 2 coats Pratt and Lambert Accolade on exterior of frames. 4 days of hard labor with two people (mom and I) for kitchen frames. One day up until 2:30am. Thank goodness for my mother.

Cabinets were done separately. 40 cabinets = 100 pieces of hardware cleaned of dried paint = 16 hours of labor alone. I'm tired. She's tired. We are near the first finish line. The rest of the 10 cabinets and a few parts of the kitchen (mostly walls, not wood) will be done after the remodel to fit the new french blue Lacanche range and the Gagg steam oven. So excited!

Now we are just waiting for the paint to cure (3-5 days for BM Advance) before we can put our kitchen back together. Here's a pic. It is coming together beautifully. Just had to share.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County