SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

Mixing warm and cool colors

funkyart
11 years ago

Yet again the SW paint sale comes and an inconvenient time. I am babysitting my niece (14) and nephew (11), I have an unexpected but very good job lead and I am trying to consign and donate the furniture that remains in my grandmother's house. Arggg.. but I am committed to selecting and purchasing at least some of the paint I'll need for the new house.. which means, I need to get in there and try some samples.

Currently, I am hoping to do the main living area in either wheat grass or tavern taupe -- but I am open to any cool neutral that leans to the green without being cheery-- not that i am not cheery lol.. but I prefer a more subdued color.

For the bedrooms, I am considering sea salt, hazel, or something that is close to Benjamin Moore's Mount Saint Anne.. and then coastal plains and independent gold for the bedrooms. No idea on baths or basement as yet-- I may just hold on them.

I'll be picking up samples today.. am I making a mistake by mixing warm and cool colors? Do you have a favorite in this range that I should give a try?

All suggestions appreciated.. I don't want to choose colors when I feel rushed, but I need to get this paint project moving and 40% off is a huge motivator!

Comments (3)