SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

Christmas Cards a Decorating/Design question of a different sort

nhb22
13 years ago

I am making Christmas cards on Shutterfly. I need your help on who (what names in my family) to include on the salutation.

A rundown (names have been changed):

Parents: Victor and Susan Smith

Child 1: Waverly - Female - 29 single - living on her own in our hometown

Child 2: Camden - Female - 25 Newly Married to Jim Hunt 30 - they live in next town over

Child 3: Andrew - Male - 23 single - off at college

Dog - Riley

I have two card ideas. One is of the dog only, so her name would be added, of course. The other card would not include the dog or her name. Neither card has people in it this year. Last years card was of our family of six (including my new SIL) at our daughter and SIL's wedding. All names were added.

Many of my friends and acquaintances are sending cards out with everyone named, including those children that live away, married and have children. I am not sure that's right. What do you with grown children do?

Here are the two photos ideas. They will have borders, writing, decor and such.

The following card would be simple, in that I could just not give specific names. It could say something like:

From Our Home to Yours

Wishing You a Blessed Christmas

from

The Smith Family

The following is the photo that I would rather use, or I might design two types. I need to add the dogs name. However, it seems silly to list the dog, and not the children. lol

This card would say JOY at the top, and Wishing You a Merry Christmas near the bottom, plus whatever names I list.

OK, how would you list the salutations, if you were me?

Is anyone else making their cards? Show them off here.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County