SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

X-post on b/s tile

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

I know not everyone goes over to Kitchens, and this is really more a decor q then a kitchen function q.

Sooo, behold my cross post and let me know what y'all think.

I'm not crazy about b/s as a general matter, especially in a vintage kitchen which I think should either be floor to ceiling white tile or zero.

In the kitchen proper, I will have an integrate b/s in my double drainboard sink, and a swath of white subway over the range only.

In the butler's pantry, on the sink wall only, I will have a true countertop. Either slate or calacatta white marble, not sure yet. I was planning on just a small strip of the same material to provide a finish if not a b/s per se.

However, I have always like these cute lil' tiles. They are 2" square. They can come in a various colors, or not. I tend to like them as they are. Many different food or kitchenware images. I think I would enjoy seeing them march across the little counter there. It's only 6' wide.

What do you think (note, the lower cabs have been demo'd, and will be replaced with wooden cabs to match the existing antique ones). The new sink will be a plain copper rectangle.

The sink area:

The itty bitty tiles, 2" sq
{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: RE: ItsyBitsyTeensyWeensy Backsplash?

Comments (9)