SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beache_gw

Need help with Craig's List pricing--and no laughing allowed

beache
13 years ago

So we are finally getting a flat screen TV and I will be getting rid of the big entertainment center that our old 27' TV sits in. This piece is like the big albatross in the room, and has become the butt of family jokes, but maybe it would work for someone else.....?

We bought it in 1987. It is gray Formica with glass doors and brass accents. It was quite stylish and expensive at the time we bought it,and made in Italy. It's large-108'W x 80'H.

I don't expect to get a lot for it, but thought I'd try listing it just to see if anyone bites. There is a woman selling the identical piece (in black) on my local Craig's List and she is asking--get this--$2,400!!! Lady, yes you paid a lot for it, but you got over 20 years of use out of it and it is outdated!

I thought I'd maybe ask $100-200 and skew the ad to someone who might be able to use the piece for display in their business. (Like maybe a hairdresser could take out the TV piece and use the other piece with the two ends for selling hair products or something.)Then I'll just list it for free if no one wants it.

What you list it for?

Here is a link that might be useful: wall unit

Comments (17)