SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michael86_gw

Help! Unhappy With New Cabinets

13 years ago

I have been a reader of this forum for months now and it's been a big help to me in renovating my kitchen.

After much anticipation, I just received my new kitchen cabinets, maple with a nutmeg stain. The problem is I'm not happy with the way they look. Specifically, the stain is very uneven or blotchy, light in some areas, darker in others. I did alot of shopping around until I picked these out and expected this to some degree but now that I see it on much larger pieces and on a grander scale, I'm disappointed. Right now they are on my living room floor waiting to be installed. Maybe once they are installed along with the granite and backsplash, my opinion will change but right now I'm not optimistic.

I can't return them as technically there's nothing wrong with them -- this is how they are supposed to look. Do I have any other options? Refacing, Restaining? I know this is crazy to consider with brand new cabinets but right now I have this sick feeling in my stomach that I made a very expensive mistake.

Has this happened to anyone? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Michael

Comments (17)