SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littledog_gw

How would you frame this?

littledog
15 years ago

I picked this up at a garage sale from the family of the artist, a local grandmother with a lifelong passion for creating. (many books on color theory and how to paint were for sale as well.) Her daughter said the family had plenty of her art and such, and just wanted to see the "leftovers" go to good homes. I paid my $2.00 (yes, two dollars) and promised "Waisted Shadows" would be hanging in my kitchen by the end of the week.

Obviously, the green isn't doing anything for her; that will be replaced with a slightly warm, not quite white. (not cream, but not sterile white either) Replacing the orange frame is what I can't decide on. I would almost leave it, if only because I have a couple of those ball jugs in tomato red and orange, and she looks swell with them. I suppose I could build a shelf over the doorway and just prop her up. Otherwise, like the screaming 70's green mat, the orange frame has got to go; just not sure what color to use instead. I thought about using a brown/red approximately the same sahde as the darkest shadows down her spine, but don't want it to look too severe. As for the kitchen, the cabinets are a warm white, and the walls are the aqua you can see behind the picture. Suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: Ball Jug in green in case you aren't familiar with them

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio