SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hammybee_gw

Kitchen Design from Hell-o ?

hammybee
15 years ago

I am having a new kitchen installed and the base cabs along the window wall are in.

The sink cabinet is not dead center under the window, abour 2 inches off. I can live with it. The cooktop cabinet is not centered, between the two windows, where a wood hood will become the focal point of the room. Given the hood should be centered over the cook top, it too be be off, about 3 inches.

I have looked at the paper design again and again and I don't see anything off center on paper.

Designer stopped bye and said no one notices stuff like this, other than me. So I will escalate it. Seems to me that he voided some basic design principles for reasons that make no sense.

And so here I am debating "done" versus "done right". To get it right, they are going to have to yank out one of the other cabs and replace it with something narrower and shift the whole thing, left. This will add atleast 4 weeks onto the project, and at least 6 weeks of not having a cook top or sink or DW, given this is all tied to the counter tops.

So what do you think? Does being off center a few inches matter? Will the end result be obvious to anyone but me?

Comments (26)