SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chowgirl_gw

Too many contrasting metals and styles?

14 years ago

I'm probably overthinking this too much, but here's my dilemma. Will all the colors/styles I've selected work in my kitchen?

We have a white Kenmore Elite dishwasher, a white GE Profile over the range microwave, and red oak color wide pine floors with antique nails. Both appliances have the curved handle in white. The walls are a cross between butter and butterscotch color (nice, but I am not explaining it well). We're getting new cabinets (white with chocolate glaze), countertops (Silestone Kona Beige or Hanstone Chocolate Cognac), and backsplash (tin/faux tin panels in oiled bronze). We'll do a stainless steel undermount sink and an oiled bronze faucet. The kitchen is u shape, so the kitchen sink is in the middle of the u, with the dishwasher surrounded by lower cabs opposite the microwave surrounded and topped by upper cabs.The cabs will be above and around the microwave and on either side of it; refrigerator is opposite the sink in an alcove.

We're keeping the white appliances (less than a year old), putting stainless steel wall oven (GE Profile single-double oven) under the counter below the microwave/across from the dishwasher, putting a white induction cooktop (Electrolux, who says they'll have a white all induction cooktop out in October)on the counter directly above the wall oven, and we need to consider a fridge. I like the Jenn-Air floating glass fridge, and the white with stainless steel will tie together the white and stainless appliances, but I wonder if it will stand out as too modern looking with the tin backsplash, simple cabinetry (picture moulding around recessed center panel), and oiled bronze knobs and cup drawer pulls and not pull together the appliances and sink colors together.

My head is spinning. Make it stop, please!

Comments (2)