SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickevette

Cleaning Oven Glass--Has Anyoned Tried This?

vickevette
11 years ago

A few weeks ago I read a post where someone was asking advice on cleaning the spatter marks off the inside of her oven door glass.

This had always been something I have done by scraping--and have hoped to find a better way, so I read that post with interest. Everyone who replied used scraping, same as I.

Well, today I discovered something. I was cleaning a pizza stone with a porcelain finish at my sink, and was using Barkeeper's Friend. I was thinking that the baked-on grease reminded me of the oven door spatter--so I tried it on the oven door glass, and wow!

I had recently scraped so the door was somewhat clean, but scraping never did get it squeaky clean. A little BKF on a wet rag, then scrub, rinse, and wipe with dry paper towel, and the glass is squeaky clean! It also cleaned well on the metal parts of the door that do not heat up enough for the self cleaning feature to burn everything off.

I've wished for years to find a better way to clean the oven door, and have tried several products, but never got a good result. The BKF worked amazingly well.

Maybe everyone knows this already, and I've been "snoozing at the wheel," but since most of the answers on the earlier post about cleaning the oven door said to scrape, I figured I'd share my "discovery" anyway...

(I know that BKF can be very caustic on some surfaces, so take care what it touches, but label says it can be used safely on glass.)

Happy Cleaning!

Comments (7)