SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Light over Sink Decision-Last Time, Promise!!

beekeeperswife
11 years ago

Well, well, well, the decision time has finally come. I told you that I was going to wait until we were in, and the light over the table was hung in order to get a better feel for the space.

We are in.

The light was hung last night.

The one over the table has some "crystal" (really glass) drops that give a nod to the chandelier over the island. I love the way these 2 are winking at each other.

Over the sink is the spot in question. I don't want anything that competes with the chandy over the island, but it has to work in this space. The metal has to be chrome, not satin nickel.

I did buy 2 of the globe lights for in my hallway area pictured below. One is in front of the butler's pantry, (at the bottom of the back stairs, between the kitchen and the dining room) and the other is in front of the powder room and the coat closet. Look at the first picture below, that 2nd one is way over to the right, see those doors? in there. They look great. There is a little temptation to repeat it over the sink, but it might be a bit too big.

Here are some photos of it, I'm trying to show you where it is in comparison to the kitchen

Close up of the light

I'd rather have the same light vs another clear glass globe (like below) without the fluting--to me that would look like I'm totally schizo and I can't make up my mind. I'm one light fixture short of being declared crazy I think. Like this:

The other options are below. I know we have discussed this before, but I thought maybe seeing it all in place would help US make this decision.

Let's name them so you can vote:

Overstock:

I don't even know if I remember where this one was from! It has a bit of what looks like crystals on the bottom/inside of the shade.

Elk:

Shades of Light:

Uttermost

Let me know what you guys think now that you can see the place in real life, as opposed to me showing pictures of what lights will be going where!

Thanks

Bee

Comments (49)