SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cet2055_gw

Soapstone corner question

15 years ago

I'm going to be replacing the counters in my kitchen with soapstone. I met with the fabricators last week and they asked me a question I really hadn't thought about--what corner detail I wanted (a radius, etc.). I preliminarily told them to go with a 3/4" radius, but I'm having second thoughts. I kind of think square corners might work better with my kitchen. It's got a fairly modern look and the counters will have an eased edge detail. I'm also installing a Ticor SS508 zero radius sink, which is of course also square.

I'm inclined to change it to a square finish on the corners, but thought I would check here since you folks have had so much experience with soapstone. I wondered if anyone has a strong opinion either way, mainly on the issue of chipping. My one concern is that a square corner finish might be more inclined to have that problem.

I'd also like to add that GardenWeb has been a great resource in planning out the changes to my kitchen I've been working on. For example, that Ticor sink saved me about $700 from the one I had been considering. Never would have heard about it, or the fact I could buy it cheaper on eBay, without you folks. Thanks!

Comment (1)