SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nolasaints

torn between 2 ikea cabinet styles

nolasaints
13 years ago

My kitchen inspiration came from the first pic with the retro fridge and black and white floor. We're going with ikea cabinets so I can splurge on other things like soapstone counters, white marble island and Big Chill fridge either in white or pink. Would LOVE to have the pink, but don't know if the husband will go for that. :)

Cabinet choice one would be ikea fagerland wood cabinets and I would have them painted white. Choice two would be ikea stainless steel cabs which I had never even thought of until I saw the latest issue of Country French magazine (page 64)and they're used in a really rustic kitchen and look great. I had previously thought they would look too modern for what I had in mind, but now I'm leaning toward them because I wouldn't have to worry about painting the fagerland cabs. Also, for both choices we're doing no upper cabs, just open shelving.

Second question is, do you prefer the look of the hex tiles or the larger black and white tiles set on the diagonal? If I went with the larger tiles I would use cork. I really love both looks. I would like the kitchen to have the feel of a vintage ice cream parlor without being too "theme" like. I appreciate any feedback!

Pics below are of the painted white fagerland cabs, hex floors, and some stainless cabs, but I would use different hardware than what's shown on those. Thank you!

Comments (15)