SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tanyaden

Deep fissure on granite countertop

tanyaden
10 years ago

Hello,

I know that this question has been asked before, but I cannot put together all answers, sorry. Please help me!

3 days ago we finally had our kitchen countertop installed. We selected Giallo Ornamental, and it looks great!

But immediately after installers left I noticed long and pretty deep fissure. I don't think it's a crack (well, I hope it's not). But it is really big for the fissure - about 10" long, maybe even longer. You obviously can feel its sides when run your finger over, and it's quite deep.

Talked to installer today and asked what could be done to fill it somehow, because it already started to collect dirt. He told me that "fissures are natural to the stone", etc. I know all this, no need to tell me how granite was formed... All I want is to fill this gap somehow, so I won't have the deep ravine of dirt on my countertop.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be willing to do anything, and well - we paid in full already :-(

So my question is - what can we do now to just "cover" this fissure. I don't mind it to be visible, I just want it to stay clean! Maybe use some kind of transparent silicon? Would it work on already sealed stone?

All suggestions are really appreciated!

Comments (8)