SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jem199

Status updates? How are things progressing?

jem199
13 years ago

We got counters, faucets and a working diswasher this week. I'm still moving things in. We went on vacation July 4th week and I'm just getting back into things. I needed the break. I was a total stress puppy. Here's what we still have left:

-Finishing carpenter took the island measurements Friday and hopefully will have the island trimmed out in the next couple of weeks. We had that unexpected wall, but this will work out nicer than original plan. He's going to finish all the remaining moldings.

-Ventahood rattles. We have an open claim with VAH and will nag them again this week.

-We're waiting for the right size cabinet handle screws to arrive in the main. There's a big gap in all of them now.

-both walls on the ends need finishing (thincoat and paint)

-UCL needs to be hooked up. This is mine to do. I hope to finish it today.

-GC comes back next weekend to install instant hot water, make dishwasher flush to island cabs and finishing ductwork for range hood. When island trim is finished, he'll come back to hook up island pendants, switches and outlets in island.

-Fire and ice is on backorder til late July. That will hopefully be installed in early August.

Then there is just little stuff - cabinet organizers, drawer inserts, stuff to buy.

How are your remodels coming along? Anyone installing this week?

Comments (28)