SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlover5

Calling all 27 inch sink base cabinet owners please . .

catlover5
11 years ago

I hope to be nearing the final stretch and am having difficulty finding a white single bowl undermount sink to fit my 27 inch sink base.

I was set on the Blanco silgranite until I was told by Blanco and two vendors that the faucet has to be to the side. I have a bridge faucet and don't want this. I did find a post of someone with what I believe to be that sink and her faucet is centered behind the sink and she said it was a tight fit but I don't know that I have that room. I considered pulling the sink base away from the wall but it has straight sides and not a good option.

I purchased from HD their Silgranite knockoff, 25x22x10 or 9, I forget, but returned it because it did not fit into the cab base without cutting the cab. I then come to find out that the sink is fiberglass with a thin granite coating sprayed on . . ew, fiberglass around my food and drink? I don't mind my pets but I have to draw the line somewhere.

I was going to splurge on the Kohler Riverby 25x22 undermount white sink with cool accessories but am getting conflicting info. All web sites, except the Kohler web site, state it requires a 27 in min base cab but no one can confirm if that is the interior or exterior measurement. I contacted Kohler via email because their web site states that it requires a 36 inch cab but I believe that to be a typo because that is the cab size for the 33 inch sink. Kohler replied that this 25x22 sink requires a 33 in base cab. Makes no sense. This sink has to be ordered so I am paying for shipping and if I can't make it work, I will be paying for return shipping and a restocking fee which I can't do.

Any suggestions? It's a small kitchen and this is the only sink. I will cut into the cab to get the largest sink possible and really didn't want SS. I definitely want the drain to the back so I can get the trash can under the sink. I have a shiny chrome bridge faucet with separate sprayer just waiting to go. As far as countertop material, I hope to be going for a dark granite; however, due to a ton of vet bills, we are going to try the DIY Ikea wood countertop approach and live with that for a while (if not a piece of plywood).

TIA.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio