SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jem199

Fire and Ice - need help with grout color!

jem199
13 years ago

I'm all decided-out! I spoke with our tile installer who suggested a grey grout - like delorean grey would look good.

I have River White counters. I will be pulling some of the peach tiles and replacing them with a ruby red to pull in the garnet color in the counters and the red tiles on my floor. I'll be using an enhancer-sealer to make the stone tiles darker. Should I do white grout? A lighter grey? If delorean is what I go with, what manufacturer would you suggest? I really am not sure and would appreciate some advice. They all look good to me. I tried to get the installer to just pick something and he wouldn't lol.

I asked the installer about the silicone grout to seal the edge where the backspalsh meets the counter and he said he just uses clear silicone. That doesn't make sense to me. I thought there would be a silicone that matched the grout.

Thanks for any input! Janet

p.s. the granite is going in now and it's just gorgeous. Its much better than I expected. They did an outstanding job. It's so shimmery and shiny. It's restored my faith in this project ;-)

Comments (3)