SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bikemanswife

Do these go together?

Alice Johannen
11 years ago

Hi there, kitchen design heroes of mine. Any chance you can lend me some quick input?

I am not very decisive or secure when it comes to designing, so I am turning to you to get your opinions on this granite question: If we are doing Bianco Sardo on the perimeter countertops, would honed Jet Mist look good on the island for a contrast? If we had lots o� money we would do Jet Mist all over, but the budget doesn�t allow us to do that. So we have selected the Bianco Sardo as an inexpensive solution for the perimeter and think perhaps we can make the Jet Mist the star of the kitchen by putting it on the island. Thoughts on that? The lighting at the granite place is simply AWFUL and the slabs aren�t near each other, so it�s very hard for me to visualize how they would look together.

For what it�s worth, our kitchen is a long rectangle, 13 x 25�. The island is only 66" x 24" and will be in the middle of the kitchen running lengthwise. One long side of it will flank the run that contains the stove and sink. On the other side would be two doorways, so visually you will only see the Bianco Sardo on the one sink/stove side of it. The cabinets are Ikea Adel Medium Brown, and the flooring is going to be � well, we�re not decided on that quite yet. We are going for a somewhat (not ultra) contemporary look.

Thank you so much for your input.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz