SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vrjames

G&L responds to the NYTimes article

vrjames
15 years ago

Good afternoon all,

I have watched the brawls on this forum regarding the NYT article and the CBS broadcast over the last few days with interest.

First of all we must admit Al has come up with something. Just exactly what that something is, we do not know yet. He has shown there are "hot spots" in some granite, and it just so happens that one of the stones is from our quarry.

This has taken us by surprise, and I was not convinced Al had anything until I saw his U-tube video a few months ago.

Al, what is so very disappointing is that at no time did you approach G&L or Stone Africa regarding the information you discovered. THIS is why everyone is skeptical of your motives. If you really were concerned for the granite consumer, don't you think you would have made the call?

As for a "hot spot" that has a one in a million, or one in a hundred thousand shot of possibly being linked to a long term cancer risk, What does one do with that information?

That is what G&L has been working on since we saw the video. One of our partners just returned from Africa yesterday morning and I will be in Brazil next week, this will definitely be the topic of conversation.

We have been contacting experts, talking to the MIA and evaluating the information. Unfortunately there just is not enough information to draw a conclusion.

BUT, Al, has already jumped to conclusions and decided to use fear as a way to draw attention to this matter. Look at his 50 pack a day thread. FEAR? or reason?

Thankfully, it is apparant the majority of this forum looks at him and his tactics with disdain.

G&L has always led this industry with unrivaled service, we have stood behind our products even after installation and will continue to do so.

I will keep you posted on anything we discover.

Kind regards

James Gross

Purchasing

G&L Marble

Comments (12)