SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaksopcam_gw

Show Me Your Kitchen Window Please

jaksopcam
14 years ago

Another one of these decisions has popped up that I didn't anticipate would be a big deal, but I'm tired of this remodel and cranky and second guessing myself all over the place. ... Calgon, take me away! (anyone remember that commercial?).

Anyway, here's the latest dilemma. Our kitchen window over the sink is flanked by cabinets. We are having yellow river granite with some sort of tile backsplash (another agonizing decision I haven't even come close to making yet). I thought to have a granite window sill but now I'm being asked what goes around the rest of the window. There are about 2 inches of space between the window and the cabinet. One option would be the tile backsplash could go all the way up to the ceiling (8 ft.). Another option is to keep the backsplash at the normal height (whatever that may be) and I guess frame out the window in wood. My problem with that is my cabinets are a real creamy color and the other window by my eating area is framed out in white. I didn't think I'd like that white next to my cabinets.

Any pictures of your windows would be great as I am having difficulty picturing this. I've tried looking through the finished kitchen blogs but there are just so many and some of them don't work or some of them I can't get a good view of the window.

Thank you.

Comments (3)