SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlysc2015

I need help, no decorating ability whatsoever!

kimberlysc
15 years ago

Good Morning,

A couple of months ago my mother in law passed away and we inquired her house. The house has potential but needs work. We are thinking of getting a contractor and getting an estimate on fixing the house up. My husband and I have been looking for a house but can't seem to find anything we like. This just might be the way to go and not have a mortgage. Let's start with the kitchen. It's approximately 15 1/2 feet wide by 14 feet. It's a good size kitchen. All of the kitchen cabinets are on one long wall. Right above the kitchen sink is a very long window. (love the window), you have the cabinets and at the very far end of the wall the stove and oven. The rest of the kitchen is open and the refrigerator is at the opposite end of the room in the corner. It looks strange with not having all of the kitchen together. This is where I know nothing. If we fix the house up I would like crown molding, and a new kitchen floor. It's old vinyl and looks horrible. The rest of the floors in the house are hardwood floors. The kitchen cabinets are fairly new and in great shape, they are wood, but the knobs would have to be changed. They were purchased at Home Depot. I wonder if you could add on to your kitchen cabinets? I wished they were white though. I love a white kitchen. Should I buy some books for suggestions? Hopefully the contractor might be able to give us some ideas.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH