SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravmd

Beach house progress-white cabs in, butcher block in, sink in!!

ravmd
12 years ago

After 7 months... I can stop washing dishes in the bathtub!! So excited. We now have one working sink (the prep sink in the island). cabinets were installed, handles put on, and the island countertop was put on.

This is a complete DIY project and is 3 hrs away so it has been a long road.

The island has ~6 coats or more of waterlox treatment on the Ikea butcherblock.

The other counters were cut and we brought them home to treat them here and bring them back and will also get the waterlox. We played around with doing a white wash stain on the island counter but it was just delaying things too much.

We haven't decided yet if the island will get corbels or legs. And we may paint the island a blue color depending on the surrounding fabrics to be chosen for the table built in bench/cushions etc.

The stools are temporary...found them for $7 and they were black with tan cushions. Was just so excited to have a near working island , I had to get them so we could sit at the island. The yellow chairs will be transformed too.

We are still unsure about pendant lighting. We will have 2 over the island and this one shown is 9.5". Thinking they are maybe even on the small side and my husband is not 100% sure about these so still looking for alternative pendants.

While I wish I was posting a finished kitchen as our goal was Memorial weekend... I am SO excited to have my first sink in!

Comments (3)