SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poodlemom_2008

Biting my nails...should I buy a 36' red Berta?

poodlemom_2008
15 years ago

I really need to get off the fence and order something today or tomorrow (need something in place before appraiser comes!)

FYI, I have a NY co-op galley kitchen (roughly 7x20). The floors are a 12x12 cream colored porcelain tile on a diamond pattern. The cabinets are cherry pecan. Have not ordered the countertops yet. I painted the walls a light cream color because I wasn't sure how the kitchen was going to form.

Hubby and I fell in love with the red Berta (him a little more than me) We actually, could go with the bright red or wine colored one I've never been one to play it safe with color before, but am hesitating here. Will it stick out like a sore thumb, or maybe add some drama? (As a sidebar, I kind've want to give this one to my husband as I've been overruling a lot of his ideas, but...)

When you enter the kitchen, on the right side will be a utility cabinet, then the fridge (36" french door Fisher Paykal), some counterspace, then the stove. So it doesn't jump out at you and therefore may not be a huge concern.

Not sure if this matters, but I'm in my mid 50"s now...will I want to look at a red stove when I'm pushing 70? (or should I not even take that into account?)

Also, if I do take the plunge, any input on a countertop that would complement it?

Thanks so much for any replies!

Comments (22)