SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oboehack

Kitchen Layout -- Let us know your thoughts!

oboehack
15 years ago

My wife and I have finally started to get some momentum going on our much talked about kitchen remodel, and we would really value some seasoned input and advice. We did go to a KD/cabinet sales place but ultimately decided to tackle the design ourself.

We live in a fairly small townhouse with our two little boys. The driving force behind the remodel was to open the kitchen up to gain some more usuable floor space (even in a small place, everybody -- including the kids -- is in the kitchen), make the dining area less cramped, and hopefully make it less likely that my wife and I will get in each other's way in the kitchen. We know that we are sacrificing storage by blowing out the central closet/pantry area, so we obviously need to maximize storage in otherplaces.

The over-all feel of the kitchen is going to be fairly modern. Kitchen Cabinets planned are frameless Medallion in some kind of dark chocolate stain (sorry I don't know more specifics) with a light sand-stone colored caesarstone countertop. We plan on incorporating standard-depth french door fridge (our two boys can eat!) and a drop-in cooktop to try and keep the lines clean.

So, please let us know what you think and what changes you would make!

Kitchen Drawings

Comments (18)