SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrissiemw

HELP! Faucet doesn't fit and the hole is already cut...

chrissiemw
15 years ago

I'm so flustered right now, partly with dh and partly with the fabricator and maybe somewhat with myself.

Granite went in today and they did a good job. The seam is awesome, can't even tell where it is. The sink...well I'm a little disappointed but I'll get over it (I wanted a slight reveal and called to ask them about it and they assured me it was cut with a positive reveal, 3/16" but it's a negative reveal instead..uggh).

But that's not my main issue. I had the faucet here at the house which they requested. I handed the fabricator the box and said "here's the faucet" because I'm clueless as to the process it requires to assemble a faucet. He took the main neck of the faucet, lined it up and asked me if it looked okay to me. I agreed that it looked fine, handle worked...etc.

Well dh comes home tonight and tries to install the faucet and it doesn't fit right. The handle now hits the windowsill. It didn't when the fabricator tested it out for me and dh asked if he had the ring on the base of the faucet...nope, he didn't. UGGGH. I had no idea. Dh said he can install it so that the handle comes forward just a bit but that just won't work for me, I don't want the faucet in crooked!! How stupid would that look?? The faucet is supposed to have the handle to the right or the left, not angled. To me that would just emphasize the fact that the faucet doesn't fit properly (pic of faucet below)

I only paid $100 for the faucet on ebay, so I'm tempted to try and sell it and try to recoop some of the money and get one that DOES fit on the sink instead of installing this one crooked.

Dh is annoyed at me because I let this slip by, I'm annoyed at HIM because I haven't a clue and he's the DIY'er...he should have been home when they were doing the installation, I haven't a clue what I'm looking at when it comes to things like this. I'm annoyed at the fabricator because I handed him the entire box, packaging and all..should he have looked to make sure he had all the parts before testing to see if we had clearance for the handle??

So what would you do? I need advice. Do I call the fabricator and let them know the faucet doesn't fit because they didn't pull out all the parts of the faucet to test for fit? Is there any easy fix?

{{!gwi}}

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!