SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katsmah

talking myself out of beaded inset

katsmah
13 years ago

I met with the 3rd KD/Contractor 2 weeks ago. While taking measurements he saw a backsplash inspiration photo with creamy white inset cabinets that I had taped on the side of a cabinet. I never thought they would be a possibility.

When we met with him the following weekend his price was in my budget even with the inset cabinets. A problem a work caused me to have to leave the meeting before I had a chance to really look at the floor plan and budget details. Then reality hit. The floor plan and details needed changes that we had discussed, but hadn't been included when his partner drew up the quote. The cabinet price went up significantly. That put it at the total price at the top of my budget. While I can still afford the cabinets, it would mean cutting back elsewhere, assuming that there are no other gochas. I'm still not sure how those fairly minor changes raised the price so much higher, but they did. 18K worth of cabinets in my little kitchen, in my little house, is ludicrous. And there are more details that need to be reviewed and changed.

So now I am talking myself out of going above my budget to get those pretty, creamy white beaded inset cabinets.

1.. I would have less usable drawer space, even though it would still be double the usable space I have now.

2. Most likely the grade of granite would take a hit. I really like the Costa Esmeralda, but may need to get a cheaper grade.

3.. I would have to buy the pricier dishwasher to fit the inset cabinets better.

4.. [sigh]

Any more reasons I shouldn't blow my budget and buy these cabinets?

The KD said he has a full overlay door that looks like beaded inset and would bring the cabinet price down 3K. I'll see that on Saturday.

BF isn't helping, he's telling me to buy what I like.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville