SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swickbb

Granite colors to complement Gray Pink Fireplace

swickbb
14 years ago

Can anyone give me some advice on what granite or marble that will complement my kitchen that overlooks a gray / white / pink quartz/granite fireplace? The cabinets will be shaker style cherry with a pecan stain so they are darker than a natural cherry. As you can see from the picture, I have lots of different stones to take into consideration from the fireplace to the multi colored slate to the burgundy brick. Not sure if I should just add one more different color or try and tie them all together. I didn't pick this - we just bought the house in Feb. and are doing some much needed renovations. It seems to be a Frank Lloyd Wright style influence so we're trying to keep with some kind of stone for the countertops.

Here's what the kitchen will look out at:

From Kitchen Design

We did find a nice super white quartzite that would really go well but it's out of our price range - $90 sq.ft.

I'm also the one that has that big island I'm trying to get one slab for (78x72).

Even with all that open space in the house a piece of Verde Butterfly just looked black so I'm thinking a lighter color would work much better than any of the blacks.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated since I love almost everything and am having a hard time narrowing it down. Thank you all!

Comments (22)