SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chiefneil

Thanks to that knife thread...

chiefneil
12 years ago

I decided to buy a new knife! I have a perfectly fine 8" Wustof, and DW has a 6" Henckels. But Father's Day and my birthday rolled around and as usual I couldn't think of anything that I wanted.

Finally tired of DW pestering me, I decided to get something that I didn't feel I particularly needed but might enjoy for the sheer aesthetics. So after a bit of research I ended up with a Shun Premier 8" Chef's knife. I almost bought a Hattori, but as luck would have it the preferred online supplier was out of stock and that afternoon I happened to stop in to Sur La Table where they had the Shuns.

This blade is ridiculously gorgeous to look at. After I got it home I actually realized that I meant to get the Shun Elite rather than the Premier, but I suspect I'll stick with the Premier just for the looks. Oh, it's sharp as heck too, and the blade is way sharper than my Wustof, along with being significantly lighter. I'm really looking forward to trying this baby out and will post a followup review here if anyone's interested.

Here's the beauty, for those interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shun Premier

Comments (18)