SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enright5

Please don't judge...I'm shallow I know

enright5
11 years ago

Please don't judge, I know I just made a shallow move. I went into a local appliance store today looking for a new refridg for our remodel. I knew I wanted a counter depth to open up some tight space between the island and the refridg. I talked to the sales person about size/ cubic space of counter depths and quickly learned you defiantly have to sacrifice cubic space for the space you gain by going with a counter depth.

I was a bit bummed since we have a family of 5 and can use all the fridge space we can get!

The sales person peaked my interest when he told me there are a couple counter depth refrigerators that they carry that do have fairly decent cubic space. I was following him to view these and thinking this is the ticket, I will go with one of these models when I stopped in my tracks as I passed a beautiful Viking french door designer fridge!! There she stood all tall and shiny with an AMAZING bright yellow sticker on it saying $2199!! What, a viking fridge for $2199!!??? (Btw, it was a close out last years model) Never did I think I could afford a Viking fridge for our new kitchen but at that price I couldn't resist!!!

So here is my dilema 5 hours later as I have reassessed my shallow move. Should I return the beautiful but completely impractical fridge? The sales person said this fridge has a whopping 19.6 cubic ft of space...bad, I know!!

The other fridges he was about to show me before I stopped him in his tracks were closer to 23 cubic ft - not bad for a counter depth.

The freezer in this baby is pathetic. We do have an extra stand up freezer in the basement and plan to move the old side by side we are replacing to the garage.

The other appliances I had already bought on a separate appliance shopping day was a basic stainless LG dishwasher, a wolf 30" gas range and a super steal on another close out -a Dacor wall oven for my island for just $650 ($3200 originally) I wanted the range to be the show stopper in my new kitchen but now I could have two show stoppers without breaking the bank!

Do I keep this beautiful piece of art that would look so high end in our new kitchen or do I return it and search for a larger model? Anyone have any experience with counter depth fridges??

Thank you for not judging!:)

Comments (26)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES