SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nataliechantal

So here I am again, starting back at square 1!

NatalieChantal
12 years ago

Thanks to the wonderful, but horrifically soul-wrenching feedback I received here, DH and I are back at square one of our kitchen remodel. Here's (most of) the back-story:

Hated Layout

Hated Layout Follow-up

I have an in-home appointment tomorrow with the only independent CKD I could find in the Nashville area, a certain Billy Williams. Oh no, wait there was another place, Beth Haley Design, but they advertise themselves as "urban" and their portfolio is very modern, so didn't think it a good fit for my log home in an agricultural county. So I am hoping this guy works out! I have no clue what to expect or even what, exactly, to ask for, or compare him too. My hope is that he can help me come up with a good layout that I can then take to shop for cabs and turn into a blueprint for a GC. I haven't quite given up on the layout everyone here hated :), so will ask him for feedback on that as well. Also some assistance keeping me on track with design, since I am apt to get distracted from my "vision" when I discover so much cool stuff I never knew existed - thank you GW for that!

Do you think I should also post what my current space is like, and ask for some layouts from this brilliant, original, creative, and well-versed community? Or should I wait to see what the KD comes up with and humbly ask for feedback/tweaking? Everyone here is so generous with their time and advice, and I've already received so much help - which is 100% the reason my kitchen is not screwed up by going ahead with my original plan! - that I don't want to take your assistance for granted. It's also hard to sift through so many different ideas of what works best in a kitchen. OTOH, not having different KDs to interview might make me miss out on creative uses for my unusual space...

What should I do? And how should I handle tomorrow's appointment?

Comments (5)